Sunday, April 12, 2009

Research: Book #1 Pictures #1-4

Top: '#109, Why Have We Come Here?/Dashur' by Julia E. Pfaff. I like the repetition in this piece as well as the deep violet color palette. The different textural patterns work well together as a whole.  

Middle Left: 'Baby Quilt' by Jane Dunnewold. I admire the execution of content in this piece. Jane used solvent transfers on silk to create the lovely images on fabric.

Middle Right: 'Lunarscape' by Judith Tomlinson. I like the color palette of this piece and the textures are also very nice.

Bottom: 'Breathe' by Erika Carter. I like the arrangement of the patchwork in this piece and would like to take inspiration from it. I love how Erika changed the value of the hues as she moved across the piece.  

Works Cited:

Dairy Barn Southeastern Ohio Cultural Arts Center. QUILT NATIONAL:

            Contemporary Designs In Fabric. Ed. Dawn Cusick. Asheville, 

    NC: Lark Books, 1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment