Thursday, April 2, 2009

Edited Video Source Statement

Upon completing my video I feel much more comfortable with Final Cut Express. By using my notes and intuition, I decoded the riddle that is Final Cut. It was really neat seeing my videos come together into one expressive piece of art. I drew a storyboard and loosely followed it. However, when I was fooling around on the computer, I came up with a few additional tricks that I had to try. Sound enlivened my source and gave me more interest in the subtle details surrounding it. I have a newfound love for audio recording. Digital video has proved much more interesting than my previous assumption of the media. With all of the effects, manipulations, and hours of time, it all came together. I have proved to myself that I can make my most prized possessions into more than just a shaky home video. I also have a newfound respect for film 

No comments:

Post a Comment