Thursday, April 9, 2009

Final Project Proposal

I feel the most effective and enjoyable way for me to express my source is through feel. It was hard for me to grasp the concept at first of portraying my feelings through material. Now that I’ve done it in one form, I would like to try it again in another form.

            The overall layout of the book will be an actual quilt. I will be machine sewing it this time so I can work at a larger scale. To display the quilt, I would like it to be hung from the ceiling. The fabrics at the top will be more durable and thick with more earthy colors. Towards the bottom the fabrics will be lighter, fluffier, and softer with more muted pastel colors or more saturated colors in some areas. Overall, I would like this final project to communicate the large scale impact (for the better) that Seth and Dodge have had on my life.

My plan is to use a similar idea but to expand upon it. I will arranging transferred drawings and photos to reveal a narrative storyline in sequential order. At the top, I will include early photographs and drawings from when Seth and I first met and were dating. In the middle I will include photographs and fabrics that  are reminiscent of when I was pregnant awaiting our arrival. Next will be photographs depicting our time spent in the hospital and coming home with the little guy. Next will be our first holidays spent with the new addition. Lastly will be Dodge’s advancements and progress into becoming more aware as he gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment