Thursday, April 23, 2009

Progress


            Due to difficulties in construction, I’ve decided that using snaps would be more appropriate than a zipper. The zipper would most likely buckle the already complicated fabric pieces. To prevent this disaster, I’ve decided to hand sew snaps onto the final piece. This would also help because the fabric sewn together will be thicker and far more difficult to sew on top of.

            Constructing the ‘trial’ outfit has proved more successful than I originally thought. Considering my time limit, I’ve reconsidered my original plans. I would like to scratch the idea of making a trial outfit and taking what I learned from it and using that on the final. Since it took me the better part of a week to construct the form of the outfit and I only have one week to complete the piece, I am going to work on top of the form I created this week while learning to sew. This way I can put all of my effort into executing all of the ideas that I set out to include.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment