Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rough Book Idea Sketches



1) "The Sparkle In My Eye" would be a book in the shape of my eye. The pages would be translucent and circular to take the shape of my iris with my images on them in a low opacity so the viewer can see through them. The viewer would alternate flipping pages up and then down.
2) The second composition is untitled so far. Each page would be made from fabric and have my images either ironed onto them or somehow placed/attached to the fabric. Each page would be sewn to the previous page. They would unfold to create a quilt-like patchwork containing all of the things I cherish most. To encase the book, it would be folded up to the size of one of the pages and stuffed in it's case, a hand-sewn pocket.
3) "Ball of Emotion" would be a book that takes the shape of a sphere. The pages would be hand-made rounded sections that would fit together to create the whole. The interior of the pages would contain the pictures. The pages would fold down to reveal the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment