Thursday, March 26, 2009

Video Source Statement

Believe it or not, translating my source from audio to videowas more challenging than from material to audio. I had a fairly easy time figuring out how my source sounds and how to capture it. Trying to capture the feeling of my source in video has been a lot more challenging than I previously thought.

            I think most of my difficulty has risen by the home-video feeling that some of my shots give off. Not to mention, my son has an issue acting natural when I’m pointing a video camera in his face. My goal is to try and capture five shots that don’t appear like they were done by an amateur. Although I am completely new to this device, I hope to disguise that fact completely. This media is a little too straightforward for my liking. I feel that I can express my source more artistically with a more obscure medium. This is an obstacle I wish to overcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment